Bereavement Garden Dedicated at Denville Campus
Saint Clare’s employees gathered to dedicate the new Bereavement Garden located in the courtyard near the Denville Chapel. This new garden was funded by the Auxiliary Baby Alumni Fund, which was started in 1953. The funds support the maintenance of the Garden, and the fountain and flowers that adorn the area. This special place honors children who were lost to stillbirth, miscarriage, early fetal demise or during birth. It is also for grieving parents, family members or anyone who needs a place to pray and reflect.
This project began about six years ago with Sister Catherine Belongia, the Nursing staff and community volunteers. Girl Scouts and high school students assisted with much of the physical labor as well as assistance from Saint Clare’s Maintenance Department. Saint Clare’s Auxiliary Board is grateful to its past Auxiliary presidents and Baby Alumni chairpersons and volunteers for helping to make this donation possible.