Patient Care Services
Cancer Care at Saint Clare's offers:
- The latest in radiation therapy and technology, including:
- RapidArc® Volumetric Arc Therapy
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Low Dose & High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy (radioactive seeds)
- Mammosite Brachytherapy (HDR therapy for breast cancer)
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities including CT, PET/CT, MRI, full-field digital mammography, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and stereotactic breast biopsy
- Outpatient Infusion Center for the chemotherapy, hydration and transfusion services ordered by our expert medical oncologists
- Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery
- Specially trained oncology professionals in nursing, social work, nutritional counseling and complementary medicine
Diagnosis & Screening:
Saint Clare's offers a wide variety of diagnostic and screening options including:
- Traditional and Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Digital Mammography, Ultrasound & Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Specialized blood tests
- Genetic Testing
Cancer Care at Saint Clare's Radiation Therapy program uses state-of-the-art equipment and specially trained staff to deliver ionizing radiation directly to cancerous tumors. Today, our department uses the latest treatment techniques to deliver precise doses of radiation to targeted areas, while sparing healthy tissue. Saint Clare’s has one of the most robust radiation therapy programs in the region, offering some of the most advanced procedures and treatment technology available.Our portfolio of treatment options includes RapidArc® Volumetric Arc Therapy,Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherap(radioactive seed), Mammosite® Breast Irradiation (HDR brachytherapy for breast cancer). All of the radiation therapy provided at Saint Clare's is administered under the direction of board certified radiation oncologists, Donald F. Cann, MD and Durgesh Hajela, MD. These accomplished radiation oncologists represent decades of experience using radiationto treat of cancer, and work collaboratively to ensure Saint Clare’s patients receive the most effective treatment possible.
For more information about our radiation therapy services, please call 973-983-7300.
Chemotherapy is a mixture of drugs that treat cancer systemically. They are often administered intravenously (IV) or by mouth (orally). Because some drugs work better together than alone, two or more drugs are often given at the same time. Chemotherapy is used to treat solid tumors and cancers of the blood.
Saint Clare’s provides inpatient cancer care on a dedicated 19-bed inpatient unit in Denville. The unit is staffed by a team of certified oncology nurses, oncology social workers and case managers. Our oncology nurse educator is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of care by implementing the latest clinical practices on the unit. Pastoral care, nutritional counseling, psychosocial counseling and complementary medicine services are available to all patients staying on the unit.
For questions or more information, please fill out our Online Inquiry Form.