Intensive Family Support Services
Families are often the primary care providers for their loved ones who are mentally ill. Saint Clare's Intensive Family Support Services (IFSS) provides support and education to family members or caretakers of adults diagnosed with serious mental illness. The program focuses on enhancing the strength and stability of the family system. Access to service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling the toll-free Behavioral Health Services Central Access Helpline at 1-888-626-2111.
- Psycho-education about mental illness
- Family consultation to assess a family's needs
- Family support groups for mutual support and interaction
- Family retreats that offer respite care for family from the caretaking role
- Advocacy and assertiveness training to navigate the mental health system
- Referral and service linkage for obtaining mental health and non-mental health assistance for their ill family member.
These services are available free of charge to all of Morris and Sussex counties. For more information please contact us at:
Intensive Family Support Services - Morris County
50 Morris Avenue, Denville, NJ 07834
Program Coordinator: 973-625-7095
Family Counselor: 973-625-7069
Family Advocate: 973-625-7131
For support group listings visit: Morris County Support Groups.
Read our latest newsletter: Helping Hands.
Intensive Family Support Services - Sussex County
191 Woodport Rd. Suite 202, Sparta, NJ 07871
Family Specialist: 201-317-6139
For support group listings visit: Sussex County Support Groups.
Read our latest newsletter: Balancing Act.
For crisis assessment, intervention and referrals, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, please call a member of our Psychiatric Emergency Services team at 973-625-0280.
For more information on any of our programs or service locations, please call our Behavioral Health Access Center toll-free number at 1-888-626-2111.