Medical and Nursing Education
Saint Clare’s Foundation is committed to looking ahead to provide educational opportunities to support the future of Saint Clare’s Health System. This effort goes beyond planning the brick-and-mortar expansions to ensuring that the next generation of professional health care providers is prepared to fill their needed roles, as well as to expand their roles as leaders. In fact, Saint Clare’s nursing program is currently working to achieve Magnet designation, an award given by the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC), an affiliate of the American Nurses Association, to hospitals that satisfy a set of criteria designed to measure the strength and quality of their nursing.
Your gift to Saint Clare’s medical and nursing education programs can provide a variety of learning and growth opportunities for those pursuing a health care profession, including:
- The Johanson-Roberts Nursing Scholarship, named in memory of John Johanson, President of Johanson Manufacturing Company, and Florence Roberts,
provides scholarship assistance to high school seniors, in the Saint Clare's service area, who intend to pursue a degree in nursing at the college level.
- The Joan Simard Nursing Scholarship, in memory of a beloved Saint Clare’s nurse, provides assistance to Saint Clare's registered nurses in the continuation of nursing education and/or obtaining national certification.
- The Dee Mecca Nursing Scholarship, named in memory of Deanna (Dee) Mecca, a Montville public health nurse, provides scholarship assistance to a Montville Township High School senior pursuing a degree in nursing at the college level.
- The Bernice Meyer Nursing Scholarship, created in memory of one of the first Franciscan Oaks residents, provides financial aid to certified nursing assistants at Franciscan Oaks Health Center who intend to advance in the field of long-term care nursing as Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) or Registered Nurses (RNs).
- The LPN Nursing Scholarship provides financial assistance to Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) at Saint Clare’s who intend to advance their careers in nursing.
- The Pediatric Neurology Conference is an annual Continuing Medical Education (CME) conference hosted by Saint Clare’s, geared towards facilitating discussions among pediatricians and other members of the medical community on new breakthroughs that can play a vital role in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions for young patients in our community.
For more information on the nursing education scholarships at Saint Clare’s, or to make a donation in support of medical and nursing education programs, please call 973-983-5300.