Support Group Information
Sometimes, it's nice to know you're not alone when dealing with a health problem. Saint Clare's offers a variety of support groups where you can share your experiences with others. Below is a sampling of these groups.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NJ Self-Help Group Clearinghouse provides contacts for over 4,500 NJ support groups and over 1,100 national support networks for most illnesses, addictions, disabilities, bereavement, parenting and other stressful life solutions. The organization also helps individuals wanting to start a group.
- Support groups for patients who have had gastric bypass or gastric banding procedures.
- Intensive Family Support Services (IFSS) support groups for families or significant caregivers of people with mental illness. IFSS is available and Morris and Sussex counties.
- IFSS parent support group for parents of an adult child with depression or bipolar illness.
- Post-partum depression support group for mothers suffering from depression after childbirth.
- Psychiatric recovery group for those on medication therapy to recover from alcohol or drug abuse.
- Saint Clare's hosts a series of support groups for those with cancer and their families. For more information, click here.
- For parents with children that have epilepsy or neurological problems.
- For diabetes patients, families and friends.
- For insulin pump users.
- For hearing impaired patients (and those suffering from Tinnitus) and their families.
- For stroke patients, caregivers and families.
- The Visiting Nurse Association of Saint Clare’s hosts a monthly support group for caregivers and their families to discuss the challenges of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease. Meetings are held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month. Call 973-729-7078 for more information.