Saint Clare's Health System Weather Alerts
In an effort to communicate with our patients, visitors, physicians, employees, volunteers and residents of Fransiscan Oaks, Saint Clare's has created this website to provide updates on current weather conditions. Please also note any events that may be cancelled or postponed by clicking here.
11/6/12 at 2:30 p.m.
All Saint Clare's Hospitals and other locations are open and available to serve our community. We appreciate your understanding as we all worked together for the health of our patients and community during the storm and its aftermath.
11/1/12 at 4:30 p.m.
Saint Clare’s Health System continues to evaluate the effects of the storm. Saint Clare’s Hospitals are operational. Some outpatient facilities are still closed including Parsippany Commons, 50 Morris Avenue, Radiation Oncology, Cardiac Rehab. Please call ahead if you have any questions. Decisions regarding Friday and beyond will be communicated as we have additional information.
10/30/12 9:30 a.m.
Saint Clare's Denville and Dover campuses, including both Emergency Departments, are fully operational today.
10/30/12 at 3 am:
Saint Clare’s is experiencing issues regarding phone service at Denville and Dover. AT&T is aware of the problem, which is impacting phone service across the East Coast.
As we continue working to resolve the issue, please note the following numbers to call:
- Please call 973-625-6000. If you receive an error when calling, please try again after a few moments. Both campus locations should use this number as primary access, which can transfer to either campus.
- If you are having a true medical emergency, please call 9-1-1.
10/29/12 at 5:30 pm:
Emergency services, including emergency surgery, remain open. Please note the following closures:
- All elective cases for the OR have been cancelled for Tuesday, October 30, 2012
- All outpatient services have been cancelled for Tuesday, October 30, 2012
- The following departments are also closed:
- Employee Health
- Outpatient Behavioral Health
- Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) of Saint Clare’s
Decisions regarding Wednesday and beyond will be communicated as the storm’s path and impact becomes clearer.
10/29/12 at 2:15 pm:
Most operations for Saint Clare's remain open at this time. In addition to Employee Health and Outpatient Behavioral Health, the Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) of Saint Clare’s has also closed due to inclement weather. Please continue to watch this site for additional information as it becomes available.
10/29/12 at 8:30 am:
You can monitor the storm at www.weather.gov/phi.
It is HIGHLY recommended that all staff, visitors and patients park in the in areas not flood prone. Security will direct you to parking options, and may close lots as weather conditions change.
Information will be shared on this page - www.saintclares.org/weather - as well as Saint Clare’s Social Media sites (Facebook and Twitter). Weather updates will be available by calling the Denville Hospital main number at 973-625-6000 and selecting Option 6.
Normal visiting hours are still in effect, but this may change depending on the storm impact.
Hurricane and Home Safety Tips:
- Click here to review information on creating a disaster supply kit.
- Engage in preparedness activities. Review your Family Emergency Plan and update as needed.
- Be prepared to evacuate if local officials instruct you to do so.
- Be prepared for potential long-term power outages. Check batteries in flashlights, or ensure you have candles and matches.
- Leaves! There a lot of leaves on the ground. Leaves are excellent material to clog/block storm drains, worsening local/neighborhood flooding. Get leaves and any other obstructing materials away from storm drains before this storm arrives.
- Secure outside items or bring them inside as it appears increasingly likely we will see very strong wind gusts.